70g biscuits (digestives or shortbread)
125g mascarpone cheese
125g cream cheese
30g icing sugar
Berries to serve (raspberries or strawberries)
1. Crush the biscuits into crumbs using either a small blender or a bag and a rolling pin
2. Melt the butter in the microwave in a heat proof bowl
3. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and divide between 2 serving glasses or dishes, tap down well
4. Mix the mascarpone, cream cheese, juice & zest of the lime and the sugar, beat well to ensure they are thoroughly combined
5. Divide the mixture between 2 serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
6. Serve with the berries
With Christmas just around the corner, food – buying, cooking and of course eating it! – is probably pretty high on your to-do list right now.
But what if you want something quick and easy to prepare, with just a few ingredients and absolutely no cooking involved?
The answer’s simple – and so’s the recipe Sue Jackson will be sharing in the second hour of this week’s Girls Around Town!
Make sure you’re listening on 107.8FM, on the apps, on Alexa or online from just after 11.10am…
When Sue will joining June live in the studio to give you all the details you need to whip up her Easy No-Bake Lime Cheesecake, the ideal choice if you’re looking for a delicious dessert to add to your festive menu.
And there’s no need to have pen and paper at the ready when she does, because you’ll find those details here or on Facebookstraight after the show.
The only question is whether Sue will be bringing a super simple sample with her…
Or will June be heading off to the supermarket to stock up on what she needs, ready to treat herself – and one or two lucky friends – this Christmas?!
2 peppers (red and yellow)
6 medium tomatoes
5-6 tblsp olive oil
2-3 tsp dried thyme or dried mixed herbs
Pack of herby sausages (enough for the people you are feeding)
1. Heat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180° or 160° fan
2. De-seed the peppers and chop each one into about 6 or 8 pieces
3. Cut the courgettes into half lengthways then into chunks
4. Cut the tomatoes in half
5. Place all the veg in a roasting tray and drizzle the oil over the veg
6. Sprinkle the herbs on top and give it all a good stir
7. Nestle the sausages in the veg
8. Bake for 45 mins to an hour
9. Serve with your choice of carbohydrate – crusty bread or jacket potatoes are good because they will soak up the lovely juices