2 peppers (red and yellow)
6 medium tomatoes
5-6 tblsp olive oil
2-3 tsp dried thyme or dried mixed herbs
Pack of herby sausages (enough for the people you are feeding)
1. Heat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180° or 160° fan
2. De-seed the peppers and chop each one into about 6 or 8 pieces
3. Cut the courgettes into half lengthways then into chunks
4. Cut the tomatoes in half
5. Place all the veg in a roasting tray and drizzle the oil over the veg
6. Sprinkle the herbs on top and give it all a good stir
7. Nestle the sausages in the veg
8. Bake for 45 mins to an hour
9. Serve with your choice of carbohydrate – crusty bread or jacket potatoes are good because they will soak up the lovely juices
One hour later she was hooked and, rather than wait for episode two next weekend, headed straight over to BBC iPlayer to binge watch the the rest of the series…
Originally broadcast in October 2018, it follows Simon as he embarks on an extraordinary four-part journey around the Mediterranean, uncovering the wild extremes that lie behind the tourist veneer.
From stunning scenery to terrifying tales of deprivation and despair, the stories he shares are both heartbreaking and heartwarming – if you’re looking for something that’s entertaining and enlightening in equal measure, this is definitely worth adding to your watch list.
The bad news is there are just four episodes in this particular series but there’s good news too…
Fourteen more multi-episode series featuring Simon’s epic journeys are still available over on iPlayer – no surprises for guessing how June will be passing the time as lockdown continues!