Didn’t get chance to scribble down the recipe from Sue’s Kitchen, shared by Sue herself on this morning’s show?
No worries, here it is!
Ideal for a simple summer supper – all you need to do is adjust the quantities to suit the number of folk who’ll be enjoying it with you…
Easy-peasy doesn’t even come close!!
Sausage and Mediterranean Vegetable Bake
2 peppers (red and yellow)
6 medium tomatoes
5-6 tblsp olive oil
2-3 tsp dried thyme or dried mixed herbs
Pack of herby sausages (enough for the people you are feeding)
1. Heat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180° or 160° fan
2. De-seed the peppers and chop each one into about 6 or 8 pieces
3. Cut the courgettes into half lengthways then into chunks
4. Cut the tomatoes in half
5. Place all the veg in a roasting tray and drizzle the oil over the veg
6. Sprinkle the herbs on top and give it all a good stir
7. Nestle the sausages in the veg
8. Bake for 45 mins to an hour
9. Serve with your choice of carbohydrate – crusty bread or jacket potatoes are good because they will soak up the lovely juices