1 cup of plain flour
1 cup of milk
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
3 tbsp of butter for cooking
100g (4oz) of grated cheese
1. Begin by making the batter for the pancakes by mixing together the flour, milk and egg until smooth, then set to one side.
2. Using a small frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic in 1 tbsp of butter until soft, then set to one side in a bowl.
3. Using the same frying pan, add 1 tbsp of butter and melt before pouring in some of the batter mix.
4. Cook until the batter begins to solidify on top – flip it over and continue cooking for another minute or two until golden brown
5. Slide the pancake onto a plate and add some of the garlic and onion before adding 2 tbsp of grated cheese.
6. Fold the pancake in half and return it to the pan for another minute or two to melt the cheese.
7. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
70g biscuits (digestives or shortbread)
125g mascarpone cheese
125g cream cheese
30g icing sugar
Berries to serve (raspberries or strawberries)
1. Crush the biscuits into crumbs using either a small blender or a bag and a rolling pin
2. Melt the butter in the microwave in a heat proof bowl
3. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and divide between 2 serving glasses or dishes, tap down well
4. Mix the mascarpone, cream cheese, juice & zest of the lime and the sugar, beat well to ensure they are thoroughly combined
5. Divide the mixture between 2 serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
6. Serve with the berries
2 peppers (red and yellow)
6 medium tomatoes
5-6 tblsp olive oil
2-3 tsp dried thyme or dried mixed herbs
Pack of herby sausages (enough for the people you are feeding)
1. Heat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180° or 160° fan
2. De-seed the peppers and chop each one into about 6 or 8 pieces
3. Cut the courgettes into half lengthways then into chunks
4. Cut the tomatoes in half
5. Place all the veg in a roasting tray and drizzle the oil over the veg
6. Sprinkle the herbs on top and give it all a good stir
7. Nestle the sausages in the veg
8. Bake for 45 mins to an hour
9. Serve with your choice of carbohydrate – crusty bread or jacket potatoes are good because they will soak up the lovely juices