70g biscuits (digestives or shortbread)
125g mascarpone cheese
125g cream cheese
30g icing sugar
Berries to serve (raspberries or strawberries)
1. Crush the biscuits into crumbs using either a small blender or a bag and a rolling pin
2. Melt the butter in the microwave in a heat proof bowl
3. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and divide between 2 serving glasses or dishes, tap down well
4. Mix the mascarpone, cream cheese, juice & zest of the lime and the sugar, beat well to ensure they are thoroughly combined
5. Divide the mixture between 2 serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
6. Serve with the berries
2 peppers (red and yellow)
6 medium tomatoes
5-6 tblsp olive oil
2-3 tsp dried thyme or dried mixed herbs
Pack of herby sausages (enough for the people you are feeding)
1. Heat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180° or 160° fan
2. De-seed the peppers and chop each one into about 6 or 8 pieces
3. Cut the courgettes into half lengthways then into chunks
4. Cut the tomatoes in half
5. Place all the veg in a roasting tray and drizzle the oil over the veg
6. Sprinkle the herbs on top and give it all a good stir
7. Nestle the sausages in the veg
8. Bake for 45 mins to an hour
9. Serve with your choice of carbohydrate – crusty bread or jacket potatoes are good because they will soak up the lovely juices
Want to add a taste of the Mediterranean to a simple family supper?
To rustle up a dish using just a few ingredients that takes mere minutes to prep before you pop it into the oven and leave it to cook while you catch up with the news or watch an episode of your favourite soap?
Next weekend’s guest on Girls Around Town has the just the recipe you need and, given that sausages are the key ingredient, it’s one that’s guaranteed to be a hit with the kids!
Former co-presenter Sue Jackson, now the owner of Sue’s Kitchen, will be on the phone to the studio in the second hour of the show to talk you through the details of her Mediterranean Vegetable Sausage Bake.
And you don’t even need to stop what you’re doing to scribble them down because the recipe will be here on the Girls Around Town website just as soon as the show is over!
Sue will also be sharing details of some of her upcoming cookery classes and explaining how through her newly-launched Facebook goup, Terrible Cook to Terrific Cook with Sue’s Kitchen,she’s now on a mission to help members turn kitchen disasters into triumphs, learning not only from her but from fellow members too.
Make sure you’re tuned to 107.8FM or listening online from just after 11.10am on Sunday to join Juneand Sue…
Especially if you’re one of those terrible cooks who wants to find out how to become terrific!!