If you were listening to Girls Around Town this morning, you’ll have heard Amanda Whitehead sharing her Easy Chicken Curry recipe…
Want to give it a go yourself but didn’t manage to jot down the details?
No problem – here they are, ready for you to download so you can put it on the menu next time you want to curry favour with your family and friends!
Easy Chicken Curry
3 tbs coconut oil
2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
2 green chillies, seeded and chopped (optional)
3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
3-4 chicken breasts, skinned and chopped into bite sized pieces
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin seeds
½ tsp ground coriander seeds
2 tbs tomato puree
½ tsp garam masala
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan, then fry the onion, chilli and garlic for a few minutes, add chicken pieces and continue to fry for about 5 minutes.
2. When the mixture begins to brown add salt, turmeric, cumin and coriander to the chicken mixture.
3. Stir well and continue to fry.
4. Add the tomato puree and garam masala.
5. If you like you could add some other vegetables to the chicken.
6. This recipe feeds 4 people so you can cut down on ingredients or have left-overs the next day.