Here it is, as promised on Girls Around Town this morning – Emma Porter’s recipe for her simple Savoury Pancakes for you to enjoy on Shrove Tuesday…
A few minutes to prepare the ingredients, a few more to cook each pancake and they’re good to go – and just as good to eat!!
1 cup of plain flour
1 cup of milk
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
3 tbsp of butter for cooking
100g (4oz) of grated cheese
1. Begin by making the batter for the pancakes by mixing together the flour, milk and egg until smooth, then set to one side.
2. Using a small frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic in 1 tbsp of butter until soft, then set to one side in a bowl.
3. Using the same frying pan, add 1 tbsp of butter and melt before pouring in some of the batter mix.
4. Cook until the batter begins to solidify on top – flip it over and continue cooking for another minute or two until golden brown
5. Slide the pancake onto a plate and add some of the garlic and onion before adding 2 tbsp of grated cheese.
6. Fold the pancake in half and return it to the pan for another minute or two to melt the cheese.
7. Repeat until you have used all the batter.