Have you ever thought about selling up and just taking off? Travelling the world with nothing but a single suitcase? Well, that’s exactly what this week’s guest on Girls Around Town has done…
And now her journey’s bringing her to Newark to spend an hour or two in the studio chatting with June, Tina and Sue.
Find out what inspired Jackie Dunn to set off on the ultimate road trip, where it’s taken her so far and what she’s learned along the way, not just about the places she’s visited and the people she’s met but about herself.
Tune in from 10am to 1pm this Saturday, on air or online – perhaps Jackie will even drop a few hints about what’s in that all-important suitcase too!
The latest issue of Around Town is winging its way to the printers right now and will be hitting the streets this weekend.
Look out for it all over Newark, Southwell, Bingham, Tuxford, Long Bennington and beyond very soon – 40 pages packed with stories we know you’ll want to read!
Here’s a taste of what’s in store
- Yummy recipes for eating under the sun from our favourite foodie, Lisa Holloway
- A walk in the park with Emma Sasai
- Gina Barton‘s ideas for family holidays at home and abroad
- Angela Sherman on who pays for your parents’ care
- Lots of Ladies Who’ve Launched – from Nicola Cole‘s juice cleanses and Jenny Samuels‘ house cleaning service to the team behind the transformation of Tuxford
- Tina on why the WI is much more than just jam and Jerusalem
- June on facial rejuvenation acuptuncture
There’s a whole spread of being a tourist in your own town too – spend a day exploring and still be home in time for tea!
Keep an eye on our Facebook page – we’ll be updating it regularly with details of when and where to find your copy. And when you’ve read it, don’t forget to tell us what you think!!
Following extensive renovation work, Newark Library re-opens at 9am on Monday 19 May.
The whole look of the library has been updated with
- A new layout
- A new coffee area
- A dedicated local studies area
- New shelving, furniture and equipment
- A meeting room available for community hire
- £40,000 of new books
Celebrate the re-openig at the library’s FREE Family Fun Day on Saturday 31 May. The official opening ceremony will take place at 10.30am, with activities for all the family taking place from 11am to 3pm.