If you’re a fan of crime and murder fiction, here’s an opportunity to meet award-winning local author Stephen Booth in person…
He will be appearing at Storytellers Books, 7 Eldon Street, Tuxford on Saturday 17 January for a public book signing, which will be followed by a ticketed talk and Q&A session.
Described by The Sunday Telegraph as ‘one of Britain’s best storytellers’, Stephen has written 13 best-sellers which have been published worldwide in 15 different languages.
A newspaper and magazine journalist for over 25 years, his first published book Black Dog hit the shelves in 2000 and was named by the London Evening Standard as one of the six best crime novels of the year – the only one on their list by a British author.
Like all of his books, Stephen’s latest novel The Corpse Bridge is set in the Derbyshire Peak District and will be released in paperback next month. To find out more about him and his work, check out his website here….
The book signing session in Tuxford starts at 3pm, with the author talk and Q&A beginning at 4pm.
Places for the talk are limited – to reserve your seat, priced £5 each including wine, call Paul on 07517 386350.
The latest issue of Around Town is winging its way to the printers right now and will be hitting the streets this weekend.
Look out for it all over Newark, Southwell, Bingham, Tuxford, Long Bennington and beyond very soon – 40 pages packed with stories we know you’ll want to read!
Here’s a taste of what’s in store
- Yummy recipes for eating under the sun from our favourite foodie, Lisa Holloway
- A walk in the park with Emma Sasai
- Gina Barton‘s ideas for family holidays at home and abroad
- Angela Sherman on who pays for your parents’ care
- Lots of Ladies Who’ve Launched – from Nicola Cole‘s juice cleanses and Jenny Samuels‘ house cleaning service to the team behind the transformation of Tuxford
- Tina on why the WI is much more than just jam and Jerusalem
- June on facial rejuvenation acuptuncture
There’s a whole spread of being a tourist in your own town too – spend a day exploring and still be home in time for tea!
Keep an eye on our Facebook page – we’ll be updating it regularly with details of when and where to find your copy. And when you’ve read it, don’t forget to tell us what you think!!