If you were listening to the show earlier today, you’ll have heard Sue Jackson – now known as Sue The Cook – sharing the recipe for this sweet and simple dessert with June…
What’s not to like about Chocolate Mousse, especially one with just five ingredients that takes only a few minutes to prepare, even though you’ll need the patience of a saint to wait for it to chill in the fridge?!
Whether it’s a sweet treat for the family or the perfect finishing touch to a meal with friends, here’s the recipe for you all to enjoy your own Chocolate Moment…
Easy Chocolate Mousse
Based on a recipe by James Martin
- 200g dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 50g caster sugar
- 120ml water
- Cream to serve (if required)
- Place the chocolate and water in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the water in the pan doesn’t touch the bowl. Stir as the chocolate melts to combine the ingredients.
- When the chocolate is melted, remove the bowl from the pan and leave to cool slightly,
- Place the egg whites in a CLEAN large bowl with the sugar and whip until you have reached stiff peak stage.
- Stir the egg yolks into the cooled chocolate – you will see it thicken slightly.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg white gently with a metal spoon.
- Pour into serving dishes and leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with lightly whipped cream, your favourite soft fruit or anything else you fancy!