Girls Around Town‘s favourite foodie Lisa Holloway will be back on the show this week with some hints and tips for fuss-free Christmas entertaining.
The owner of Newark’s award-winning Compton House B&B, she has plenty of ideas for super but simple ways to serve up a festive feast. So who better to join June, Tina and Sue in the Barnby Road studio on Saturday, to share some of them with you all?
Tune in or listen online from 10am to 1pm. And meanwhile, to whet your appetite, here’s a recipe Lisa shared with Around Town magazine for an easy pudding which gives a luxurious finale to Christmas lunch…
You can make these little treats two or three days in advance – the recipe serves four but there’ll be some left over and they’re delicious cold too!
Little Chocolate Christmas Puddings
- 454g plum pudding (either bought or homemade)
- 250g dark chocolate, melted in a microwave or in a bowl over hot water
- 130ml brandy
- 80g icing sugar
- 200g white chocolate, melted as before
- Small holly leaves or decorations
- Crumble the pudding into a large bowl, stir in the melted dark chocolate, sifted icing sugar and brandy – mix well.
- Roll the mixture into balls, about the size of a rissole, just enough for one person.
- Put on a tray and cover, leave to get firm.
- To warm, heat gently on a baking tray in a low oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve, pour the melted white chocolate over the top of the puds to resemble custard. Decorate with little sprigs of holly and serve with double cream.