Another Chocolate Moment recipe for you to try, this one from Sue who brought samples to the studio for June and Tina on Sunday…
Freshly baked croissants from Gail Hooley and cookies from Sue – if you were listening in, you’ll already know there were treats galore for the Girls Around Town yesterday!
Crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle, these Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies are gluten-free, so they’re perfect if gluten is something you choose to avoid.
You can even make the dough in advance and pop it in the freezer – just defrost it, shape your cookies, top with the chopped hazelnuts and bake whenever you’re ready for a chocolate moment of your own!
GF Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies
- 150gms butter
- 190gms dark soft brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 100gms chocolate chips
- 200gms gluten-free self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 50gms chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons of chopped, roasted hazelnuts for decoration
- Beat together the butter and sugar, add the peanut butter and beat again.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the chocolate chips, flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum and hazelnuts and fold in.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for 30 mins to chill. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Heat the oven to 200OC (180OC fan) or gas mark 6.
- Taking tablespoons of the mixture, roll into balls and place on the greased baking sheets.
- Squash each ball down with a fork and sprinkle a few of the roasted hazelnuts on each cookie.
- Bake for 14 minutes – they should be crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle.