Who says eating healthily means never being able to enjoy the occasional treat?
Certainly not Alison Harris, last Sunday’s guest on Girls Around Town – and June is with her all the way on that too…
Everybody needs a bit of a treat once in a while and if it’s a guilt-free one, then so much the better.
Next time you’re tempted to reach for a chocolate bar or a cake, give Alison’s protein balls a try – quick and easy to make, you can even pop them in the freezer which means they’re always to hand when you want to spoil yourself a little!
Alison's Protein Balls
- 100gms ground almonds
- Approx 75gms raisins
- 2 tbsps peanut buttter
- 1 tbsp ground mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Handful of berries, grapes or orange segments
- Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor, making sure the mixture is wet enough to stick together – you can add a little extra peanut or coconut oil if you wish.
- Shape into bite-sized balls and roll in dessicated coconut.
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze them if you want to.