The third recipe from Lisa Holloway on Sunday’s show of course, because no meal is complete without a perfect pud!!
And the added bonus – minimal washing up afterwards because it’s a one-bowl cake…
Warm Ginger and Plum Cake
- 6 large or about 8 small ripe plums, halved and stoned
- 280g jar stem ginger in syrup
- Handful of pecans or toasted flaked almonds
- 114g self raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 114g soft butter
- 114g muscavado sugar
- 2 large or 3 small eggs
- Line a deep, loose-bottomed sponge tin with a non-stick cake tin liner and heat the oven to 325F/170C/Gas mark 3.
- Arrange the plums on the bottom of the cake liner, round sides up, then place the nuts in between the plums.
- Blitz the stem ginger in syrup until smooth, then add to all the cake ingredients in a bowl. With an electric whisk, beat well on high for about a minute until thoroughly blended – you don’t want this mixture too wet.
- Pour the cake mix over the plums and nuts, smooth the top and bake in the centre of the oven until firm. You might need to cover with foil and leave a little longer in the oven if not fully cooked.
- Test the sponge with a skewer – when it comes out clean, it’s ready. Leave in the tin to cool slightly,
- Then tip out onto a cake stand so the top is a beautiful pattern of glossy plums with the nuts in between.
- Serve warm with ice cream, yogurt or thick double cream.